Subject: RENDERING ERRORS
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 94 14:18:51

I'm in the middle of building this sequence and I came across something that
was weird, thought I'd drop a note here to see if anyone else had noticed or
experienced this before.

When dealing with huge numbers and distances I'm having problems rendering a
textured plane to the horizon. The texture renders fine closeup, but as it gets
to about 100,000m or so the texture is no longer rendered..

My settings are:

Object - DistantGrassPlane, simple flat plane with a mapped texture on it
(Fractal noise with a texture size of 1000 will do), measuring 20000km by
20000km) The object is positioned at 0,0,0.

Camera settings are: position X= -18.755, Y= 1847.349, Z= 1722.213
                        angle H= -9.51, P= 1.57, B= 5.33

Other miscellaneous settings: Gradient Squeeze Sky at 30.0, with Zenith color
94, 140, 184 and Sky Color 232, 145, 67.

I've double checked pretty much everything and still can't figure out why it's
not rendering a texture. The poly is being rendered, however, since I
originally thought I did not make the plane big enough, and changed the Ground
color to red in the effects menu. The red was not rendered, so the poly was
rendered, it was just that the textures were missing..

My deadline on this is too soon, so I'll probably figure a workaround before I
figure this out, but I thought this might be something to check out..

AC